New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

May 11, 2013

Weird names all the rage at dog trials

Arriving at the championship sheep dog trials in Blenheim yesterday, I was met with calls of 'Dufus', 'Freak' and 'Thug'.

 "Charming," I thought, and carried on about my business. It wasn't until one competitor shouted, "Oi, Whanga" that I drew the line. Clearly, I misheard the stocky, rugged farmer-type, at least twice my size, and was soon regretting my instinctive retort, "you're the only whanga around here mate".

 As it turns out, competitors at the Tux South Island Championship dog trials have some bizarre names for their companions. How was I to know? My attempts to backtrack fell on deaf ears and quoting Shakespeare probably made matters worse.

 "What's in a name?" I said. "That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet."

 I think he thought I was coming on to him. MORE>>

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter