New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

November 05, 2010

Disability dogs to help brain damaged

New Zealand's first disability dogs for people with neurological disorders have almost arrived, thanks to the work of a woman who believes she owes her life to a German Shepherd following a horrific car accident.

Melanie Donne sustained brain damage in the accident 13 years ago, which saw her car tumble over a cliff and her dog, Nikki, come to her rescue.

"She just leapt out, rushed around to my door and pulled me out of the car.

"There's no doubt in my mind I owe my life to her. If she hadn't been there with me, I wouldn't be here talking to you," Melanie said. MORE>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter