New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

October 15, 2009

Dog-killing toxin found in Thames

The first death of a dog from toxic slugs has been reported outside Auckland.

Buddy, a 12-year-old female beardy cross, died soon after her owners stopped at Tapu Beach, about 20 minutes north of Thames in the Firth of Thames, on September 30.

She was the sixth dog to die from TTX poisoning.

During August and September, at least 15 dogs showed symptoms consistent with TTX poisoning after eating slugs at Auckland beaches. MORE>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

 
web page hit counter