New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

October 23, 2008

Dog to the rescue after toilet stabbing

Bonnie the brave dog saved her owner in a violent hold-up in Shannon's public toilets.

The 2-year-old pitbull-staffordshire terrier cross bit the female attacker who stabbed her owner in the thigh with a pocket knife at about 6.15pm on Tuesday.

"I really think I would have been stabbed more than what I was," said her 40-year-old owner, who didn't want to be named.

The woman was walking Bonnie when she needed to use the facilities on Balance Street.

Bonnie went into the cubicle with her.

"She was in the other toilet when I was in there and when I came out she was standing there confronting me as I opened the door.

"I was shit scared.

"I can't get that image out of my head."

The woman did what she was told and handed over $30 and three bottles of medication with her name and address printed on the labels.

Hum.. makes you think that one needs to be ready for this kind of thing... but pity that this 'terrorist' needed to exist in the first place. I wonder why needed the money.

This didn't stop the attacker from digging the pocket knife into the woman's right thigh.

(...)

Fears that Bonnie would be put down were quashed by police and animal control, the woman said.

(..)

By law, Bonnie should have been muzzled.

"If I had a muzzle on her last night she wouldn't have been able to protect me. I've never seen that side of her until last night.

I guess that proves that one needs to really question the law on muzzles because of breed...

Levin police are looking for the offender described as a chubby Maori woman in her late teens or early 20s with short black hair, wearing a black top and jeans. MORE>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter