New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

October 26, 2006

Loose dog at risk in traffic

26 October 2006
Yesterday I hit a dog on the way to work. I do understand that to many people that doesn't mean a lot, but to me, a dog lover, it was very distressing.

He ran in front of my car as I was in a queue of traffic in Killarney Rd. I tried to stop, but hit him anyway. The dog panicked and he ran off down the road with his owner in hot pursuit, calling his name.

With nothing else I could see to do, I drove on, shaken and with a tear in my eye. I hope that he was okay and if he is, please, owner, don't walk him without a lead again.
CINDY SCHOFIELD, Hamilton

How about another solution, teach your dog NOT to go in the streets!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! definitely one for the bookmarks!
    I have a chow chow blog. It pretty much covers everything you need to know about the chow chow.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     
  • At 8:23 a.m., Blogger Natalie's Life said…

    Thanks... I'm always happy to read comments. Sometimes you don't know if people are actually reading your efforts!

    I don't have a chow chow but your blog says every thing you need to know. Plus it comes from an expert-- a chow chow owner (I'm assuming:) )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter