New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

October 13, 2006

Dog fancier hooked as child


Jeanette Jack was given a fox terrier for her first birthday. "That got me hooked – since then I have never been without a dog."

The Hazelburn woman will enter both jack russells and petit basset griffon vendeens in this weekend's Aoraki Kennel Society Championship Show being held in Timaru.

(...)

Commonly known as hairy French hounds, petits are very rare in New Zealand.
"There are very few here. They are imported into Australia from France." Preparation for the show included clipping nails, brushing and shampooing. "I usually spend my nights making sure they're clean and ready to show. I wouldn't want to show a dirty dog. You have to be able to present them as best as you can."

MORE>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter