New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

January 19, 2006

Retrievers fight off frenzied pit bull


A man walking a dog that attacked a woman on a riverside walk this week refused to help defuse the situation, saying he wouldn't take on the dog because it was a pit bull, says the victim.

Police have been called in to find the pit bull's owner and the dog after the incident in Palmerston North that left the woman and one of her two dogs with multiple bite wounds.

Barb Adlington was walking her golden retrievers, Brodie and Brock, beside the Manawatu River near the Ruahine Street carpark on Monday about 4.30pm when Brodie was attacked.
"A couple of young guys and a pit bull came up and the pit bull had a sniff and then started attacking my dog," Ms Adlington says.

"I just got a big stick and started hitting it to try to get it to let go and then it lunged at me and attacked me. It got me to the ground and I started screaming, but the dog's owner wouldn't do anything - they just stood there and watched.

"When I asked him to help me, he just said `I'm not getting in there, it's a pit bull.' "

Ms Adlington says that after the attack, the group who were with the pit bull put the dog in a car and fled, but not before a passer-by recorded the licence plate.
more>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter