New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

January 31, 2006

A dog of a time for a holiday

Since Sunday, it has been the year of the dog, says Nelson Mail columnist Alan Clarke.
Actually, in our house the year of the dog started in 1998, when Che the tibetan terrier moved in as head of the pack and I moved out to the dog box.

Since then, I've lived on boiled rice and, if I'm lucky, unwanted bread that drifts to the edge of the Queen's Gardens duck pond.

I also have been designated official dog food taster, in the hope that any bird flu, rabies or other viral contamination that enters the household via a supermarket bag might be detected in time.
I've sold one kidney, two testicles and three-quarters of my liver so that we can afford the vet bills and dog food on which whole villages in Kenya would thrive.

Che spends much of his life on the new, purpose-built couch. It is so large that I must spend my evenings sharing a cosy spot under the table with the cat.

My Chinese friends say this is not just the year of any old minor canis.
more>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter