New Zealand Dog News

Reviewing the dog news in New Zealand with editors comments. Someone needs to keep reviewing how our dogs are doing in society.

October 25, 2005

Peg Loague speech: National Dog Training Assembly

Speech: NZ Kennel Club Speech notes 21 October 2005

SPCA and NZ Kennel Club’s dog training clubs are singing out of the same hymn book

I’m honoured to be asked to open your National Dog Training Assembly in Taupo this weekend. This is the biggest event of the year in the NZ Kennel Club’s dog sports calendar, and the biggest NDTA in over 15 years.

While I no longer represent SPCA in any way (although I am the Administrator for the Turangi branch) I come to you tonight as an individual who’s been around critters for a long time. An upbringing revolving around animal welfare and thirty six years of SPCA field experience does not get forgotten overnight. When I was part of the inaugural committee of Taupo SPCA in 1969, we used to divide each months deficit between us so the absolute minimum requirements were met and the bills paid. I’m pleased to say that it was a very different situation I retired from earlier this year, although animal welfare seems to require ever increasing funding and attention. (click on title for more)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web page hit counter